For project #2 from UCLA abstract painting class, we started with an exercise in class taking turns repeating marks made by another student. For our painting, we were to use one stroke gestures or marks and also consider using motifs or patterns. My main thought while painting was to use strokes in different sizes, wiping away areas and adding more color.
Columbus Day 10/11/10
I need to work on my painting some more. It’s at the ugly stage. Not sure how I’m going to fix it. I haven’t been writing much or doing my own work since I started the UCLA class. The painting is getting worse. Maybe that’s a good sign. The painting is still muddy. Too many areas have the blue and orange blended together. I kept laying on more strokes of color. Class critique is tonight.